Archive for the Articles Category
You can sidestep the hassle and save your time of lugging home a cart or bag full of groceries home. There is also no need to simmer the soup stock for many hours. You can bypass the travails of mixing special sauces for the coming steamboat reunion meal scheduled for the Chinese New Year.
A significant number of companies now provide delivery services. In case you wonder, yes, they also give equipment for rental. It is thus ideal for those people who do not have the proper equipment at home. You simply log on to the merchant account and order online the preferred steamboat packages. You can also order a-la-carte. In addition to exclusive delivery companies, many restaurants too have jumped in the seasonal bandwagon and offering similar services.
It is a wise decision if you can order early. Delivery slots tend to fill up fast as a good reunion dinner must require a steamboat. It is a popular choice. If you want to go for extravagance, you can also hire a steamboat having four tiers. However, place orders quickly as demands for more expensive steamboats also displays considerable traction. Companies also launch innovative dishes like collagen soup which sold extremely well in 2015. You can order steamboat ingredients in 2016. The list of premium items include sea cucumber, Kuhlbarra barramundi fillet, Boston Lobster and snow crab leg. Many restaurants pride themselves in ordering “clean” eating options during festival time. The collagen soup stock gets simmered in excess of 16 hours to get a distinctive-and delicious- consistency. Family traditions are also kept in mind- and thus the customer enjoys spicy kimchi stock.
The art of ordering a steamboat delivery to your home is simple: you create an account (first time) or sign in to the website. Make your list of ingredients and the equipment (if you desire) and wait for the delivery. The usual time taken for the delivery person to knock on your door is generally a few hours. However, it would be an excellent decision to place the order about two days in advance. This is specially applicable during the festival season.
If you secretly loathe yourself for not going to the market and not doing the hard work for choosing the ingredients, there are two words for you: don’t be. Prices are comparable to the ones you get in the market if you go by your own or could be even cheaper in a few instances. Do not forget the impulse buys you avoid by ordering steamboat service online. Here is a tip: go for bigger orders than smaller ones. Delivery charges are waived off or are the same- giving you more bang for the buck.
There is also another hidden benefit when you order delivery services: it is excellent method for counting the calories. You can leave the splurges behind. If you are disabled or injured, taking steamboat delivery is the logical thing to do.
You love to throw parties at home for your family and friends. However, the pressures of your profession tempts you to forgo the preparation of food and order fast food in its place. There is a happiness in eating home cooked food and the relaxation one enjoys by celebrating the beauty of life at home-an intimately familiar place, which cannot be found in commercial restaurants which has zero privacy and fixed closing hours.
The presence of good, loved home cooked food changes the domestic atmosphere to a positive and warmth filled one. Other than the taste of food, the environment also plays an important factor. The only trouble spots are preparing the food, from buying all the ingredients and then cleaning them. They must also be sliced, and the meat pickled. You must also prepare soup base and for that you need to put in effort and time.
The specter of doing so much work can put off many people. Do not be put off, however, by such hard work. There are a number of companies which offers you the steamboat delivery service. You can enjoy premium quality delivery at the doorstep. The end result is an extravagant meal at home without the hard work of preparing it.
There can be a number of reasons as to why you should prefer to cook steamboat at home.
- Fresh ingredients: More often than not, you will select fresh meat-and therefore unprocessed for your cooking. There will be no qualms in eating processed stuff like surimi or imitation crab sticks or weiners. There will be no point in eating this low quality food. This factor becomes more acute when there will be an elaborate steamboat consisting of about 40 ingredients. You also have the freedom of cooking the different ingredients separately and then adding them. This way, you can savor the steamboat’s flavor, texture and sweetness. Marination done is also seen to be much better. Other than these, is there any greater joy to eat a steamboat with the rain pattering the window outside?
- Food sensitivity and allergies: When you enjoy steamboat at home, you enjoy complete peace of mind over the kind of ingredients and the cleanliness which is part of the preparation. It is convenient to accommodate the guests or family members who suffer from food intolerances or allergies. One example of this is the shellfish or peanut allergies.
- Nutrition: Steamboat from restaurants and commercial items are known to contain excess amounts of sugar, salt and fat. When you prepare the steamboat at home, you are indirectly making yourself a better person. Your cooking skills are also vastly improved.
- Safety of food: A number of illnesses can ravage you if the food is under-cooked. This is especially applicable in case of meats and vegetables. Enjoying steamboat at home cooked under your supervision will negate all such concerns.
- Family: Much joy can be had from all members of the family or close friends eating together. You can share the events of the day when dining on steamboat.
The transition from the hectic activity of day to the slow paced relaxed night can only be enjoyed when you and your loved ones dive into a steamboat.
With the Chinese New Year fast approaching, it is an excellent time to attack the supermarkets to stock up on the fresh foods. The best foods must be on this sumptuous yearly event. The centerpiece of the reunion dinner is undoubtedly the steamboat or hotpot meal. A tip: you can prepare steamboat throughout the year.
There are a number of reasons as to why a steamboat makes an ideal meal at any social gathering. It is quite easy to cook, involving a healthy dose of logistics (read: ingredients) and not much cooking expertise. Anyone can prepare a delicious meal. You can also vary the quantity of food prepared by the simple variation of the ingredient quantity.
The principal attraction of a steamboat party, other than the food, is the dish’s easy promotion of bonding and interaction. You and your family members or friends can sit around your table as long as you can, letting the food cook slowly. It also helps that steamboat is a healthy meal, as it is prepared in a hot broth. The food is the furthest away from being greasy. You also have the advantage of selecting any ingredient for the hotpot based on your budget and personal preference. It could be simple or sinfully lavish, with ingredients like abalone and lobster.
You need about eight ingredients to cook up a sinfully delicious steamboat.
- Soup bases: These can be divided into three types- home brewed, ready made or plain broth. The home brewed, as the name points out, can be made by you. The outcome depends on your personal taste. The ready made takes the advantage of instant stocks. You should focus on a particular theme, like tom yum or kimchi to give it character. The plain broth is made with boiling water, sweet corn and carrots. The broth will taste sweet at the end of the meal.
- Sliced beef or pork: These should be thinly sliced and are perfect for steamboat. Do note that since the meats are thinly sliced, they will cooked within a space of few seconds after they are dipped into the hot broth.
- Fish and other different meats: The list of eligible fish includes salmon or white fish. You can also put in boneless chicken fillet and sliced pig’s liver.
- Seafood: The list of popular seafood for steamboat include prawns, abalone, imitation crab stocks, fish maw and pacific clams. You can add mussels and other seafood items like crayfish, oysters and squid.
- Vegetables: Garland Chrysanthemum or tang oh is popular when trying to make this dish. This vegetable is abundantly found during Chinese New Year time. Other popular vegetables are napa cabbage and baby bok choy.
- Mushrooms: There are a diverse number of mushrooms that can be dunked in the hotpot. Examples include hon-shimeji, shiitake and button. If you prefer, you can also put in canned button mushrooms. Enoki mushrooms are a gastronomic favorite.
- Non-meats: These include tofu, tomato, daikon, carrots and corn. Eggs are also put in at the end of the cooking process.
- Carbohydrates: A few hold te belief that cooked rice symbolizes good luck during Chinese New Year. You can also use long strand noodles.
Wash down the steamboat with warm sake or any liquor like vodka or choya. For tropical places, accompany this delicious meal with ice cold beer.
Meals concern much more than giving you nutrition. It is also associated with love, security and happiness. A steamboat party helps to maintain and also build rapport. Feasts, across all cultures, are occasions where important values are reinforced and communicated. House feasts vibrate with beautiful thoughts of hospitality, family and comfort. They are also occasions where you can re-enact the domestic narrative.
All for family
A steamboat is undoubtedly a family dinner. This Chinese hotpot can be simply described as a boiling pot placed at the table center. Every family member puts in their own choice of raw food and then patiently waits for it to cook. The activity is time consuming and there are a lot of waiting involved. It is natural that the family members will discuss everything under the sun while they wait. Family bonding is thus guaranteed.
This act of bonding with food is more than therapeutic. It is seen that people who bond together over food perform better both in their professional and personal life. The steamboat provides a much better exercise of creating a well balanced mind compared to pricey management practices. The intimacy overflows back positively into all spheres of life. Eating together has a number of irreplaceable benefits.
From a science perspective, eating together can be termed a type of social glue. This is important in the hectic lives of today. It is no wonder that many companies are following suit, with money being spent on cafeterias as a good investment. All such concepts are simply extrapolations of the home family life bonding. The negative is also true: family members who do not participate in steamboat activities are found to be less performers-both professionally and at the personal level- compared to their family members who are regular participants in such activities.
It has been consistently found hat steamboats are central to any family gathering. Even if a member has some appointments later in the day or in the night, that person will often eat two dinners or lunches- one with his friends and then one sitting around a steamboat with family members. It is also a matter of social embarrassment when the person who did not join in the steamboat function was asked why he did not participate in the gathering.
The steamboat also performs another function: it can also be a gateway to new experiences as the contributors put in food they like and the others can taste the food. A whiff of new cuisines come to the palate and can be an excellent bridge between the generations. Any new taste derived from the pot will soon be communicated to others within or outside the social circle- and thus in many ways, the generational gap can be bridged. There is also a rising chance that such new additions to the age old steamboat menu will be photographed and uploaded to social media- thus resulting in more cultural confluences.
Every season is steamboat season. It is not restricted to the time of the Chinese New Year or during the colder months. The steamboat concept is extremely simple: a pot containing simmering broth is kept on any portable burner on the table center. Plates of meat, vegetables and seafood surround the broth. The ingredients are already prepared and simply waiting to be dropped in broth. Steamboat is one of the more social of all dining formats, making the diners not only share a table, but also cooking food together in one shared pot.
It takes good planning and preparation to make a successful steamboat. You will need the appropriate equipment and also the ingredients. The latter must be prepared for this Chinese hotpot. You can choose different types of broth, along with the sauces which will be served with the items.
Your aim is to keep the ingredients simmering at the table, and thus you should have burner and pot to make it possible. The best is any portable bunsen burner as you can fine tune the heat. Do note that a pot is not included with the bunsen burner price and you have to separately buy this cooking utensil.
When it comes to the hotpot vessel, buy any one with a middle separator. This will enable you to accommodate two kinds of broths in a single pot, thus getting the maximum mileage out of any burner. The list of minor accessories include chopsticks, shallow bowls and small strainers. You should also have small bowls for the dipping sauces.
The ingredients you can put in to a hotpot can make an extremely long list. Variety is important in this regard and one must have a little of everything. Seafood and beef are a big hot in steamboat cooking and it is vital to balance the items with lighter ones like vegetables and greens. To give an example, in a hotpot serving four people, there must be four kinds of non-meat items like mushroom and tofu, two kinds of greens and four kinds of meat items. There could also be different varieties of seafood like shrimp, fish balls and salmon. You can also put in noodles like rice noodles, yam noodles or udon noodles.
Vegetables and greens
Any steamboat would remain incomplete without vegetables. They delightfully cancel the heavier ingredients and also add much needed flavor to any broth. The ideal vegetable is one which can retain the texture even after dunked in the broth.
Any meat is appropriate. Lamb and beef are made into paper thin slices. They will simply be dipped in the broth for a few seconds. It is advisable that you buy pre-cut thin meat.
You can cook an infinite variety of seafood in a hotpot. You can cook shellfish and a large variety of fishes like halibut, bass, monkfish and salmon.
This is an important ingredient. There are a number of options. The most common is to mix soy sauce with sesame oil and putting a smidgen of chili flakes or chili oil.
Remember, the steamboat is less about the food and more about the gathering. You should enjoy the event.